I Have Moved on to PLDT Fibr but This Tip Still Holds

It's been a while since I posted about my Internet connection.

As it happens, this post about solving my PLDT myDSL problem has the highest views of all my posts.

It basically gives a tip about changing DNS settings, which seems to be the weakest point of the PLDT service.

I have since moved to PLDT's Fibr service. It is definitely faster (I got the unlimited data with 20MBPS plan). It has allowed watching Netflix or YouTube uninterrupted while someone else is streaming Spotify or browsing. I am quite happy with it.

Nevertheless, I found that using the DNS settings in my original post still applies. In short, set it manually, and use opendns (208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220) or google dns (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4). I find my connection more stable this way.

Some things change and some things stay the same.

Comments