Smooth




The 2008 Masters Champion, Trevor Immelman, has a very smooth swing. He normally does a couple of practice swings.

It's a very good swing thought. "Smooth".

I think this is what distinguishes the swing of the pros from the club players.

At the driving range today, I lost my rhythm. I remember Immelman's practice swing. That practice swing -- trying to keep it smooth from the backswing to the downswing (especially the transition) to the follow through -- made me get my tempo back.

Smooth does it.

PS: I noticed that my swing is smoother when the wrists cock near the top of the backswing, not early on. But there is definitely a wrist cock and a feeling of bringing the grip end of the club to the ball.
PPS: I was able to avoid pulling my hybrid shots by keeping my spine angle constant through the follow though. Of course, keeping it smooth all the time.

Comments