Offset

Tried the Ping i10 at the range. Nice irons.
I noticed that impact with my Ping G5 irons is a split second later than with the i10.

Now I wait for the extra split second to "see" impact happen. It seems to help keep my spine angle up to the moment of impact; perhaps it is making me hit my irons more consistently.

I started learning my swing with Callaway x-14s, which have less offset than Ping G5's. Maybe I had swing timing ingrained from my x-14 days. Comparing the i10 vs the G5 made me feel and understand the effect of offset on timing. Hitting the i10 has helped me hit my G5 better.

I thought I wanted to change to i10's, but at the course over the weekend, I still appreciated the help that the G5's were giving me off the fairway. Maybe one day I will be good enough to hit the i10s just as well.

Comments