Shafts for Hybrids

Replaced the Japanese R flex shaft of the 19 degree Burner Rescue with a Japanese S flex. Suits my swing better, not balloning now. Still easy to hit.

Having compared the Burner Rescue clubs with Reax shafts (19 and 25 deg) vs the Cobra Baffler DWS with an Aldila NV 65 R shaft (a club I've been using for more than a year), I can sense that the Aldila has a "smoother", really sweet feel to it. The Reax shaft is a bit "grainier" or rough in feel. The Rescue head is very forgiving and has a hot face. I wonder if shafting them with Aldila will really transform them to something magical. The jury is still out, so I'll give it more time, but so far these have been very good clubs for me.

Didn't have that good a putting game with the Nike Unitized. I don't know if it's because the greens were soggy or because it was raining during the entire front nine. Let's see if it will redeem itself next time.

Oh, and rain and golf definitely don't go together -- at least not my golf game.

Comments