Mizuno MP57


Went for these.


















One try with the 6 iron and it felt like how an iron should feel.

It may be too much club for my handicap right now but I tried it on the range and it was surprisingly easy to hit.

They go straight and high, less workable than the Ping S57 that I also tried but much softer in feel.

It comes with the NSPro 950GH Stiff and I think the shaft has a lot to do with my liking it. My current gamers are TaylorMade Burners in NSPro 950GH Regular, which I find easy to hit but too light in the mid to long irons. I tried a friend's MP52 with Project X 5.5 and found it too heavy.

These are forgiving sticks but still give you feedback if you mishit so it prevents you from getting sloppy. In the shorter irons and PW, I have to remind myself to keep my spine angle through the release. Choking a little also helps with control.

In the long run I think these will be real game improvers but not too punishing while I'm still improving the consistency of my swing. I think this will stay in my bag for a long time.

I have very high hopes!

Comments