Dream

I went to the house unannounced. I was going to inspect it since the tenants have given me notice that they were not renewing the lease. It was a nice big house, with high ceilings, traditional in design and furnishing. I saw some scuffs on the wooden window frames and some other wooden furniture. "Children," I thought.

Then I met the tenants, I introduced myself and they said "fine go ahead." They were a couple, foreigners, and there was a small group with them. They were quite busy preparing and packing up.

I walked with them towards a large hallway that looked like a lobby at the foot of a staircase. The floor of the hallway and the staircase itself were made of white marble. Actually the staircase was quite wide, had about eight steps leading up to a platform. I realized this platform was used as a stage for some religious program, with the audience at the hallway. There was a picture of the couple taken on the platform in some kind of program and still some signs and posters of the program being held here.

As I was going up the marble steps, I saw someone looking at me, and I saw that it was my former boss. He was in a Hawaiian shirt and was smiling at me when I saw him. We shook hands and laughed, and I told him I was just inspecting the house for any damages. He said of course, I should do that, and these tenants are his friends, and if these are minor I can just let those pass. I said sure and we parted ways. His wife was with him.

At one side of the platform was a large open door that leads to a garden at the back of the house. The garden had trees, with a grassy lawn, and there were small huts under the shade. I walked on the concrete path, going into the garden, and saw that there were stacks of canoes on both sides housed in huts near the end. The back of the property was up on the edge of a lake and this was a water sports facility. I thought that the tenants have really made this property very nice. There was a man in a wet suit tending to the canoes and I asked him where the property boundary was. He pointed out to me the whole fenced area, which was big and this whole back area was for people to enjoy nature and the lake.

Beyond the fence, the area has developed into a community, in fact, it was becoming like a town, where it used to be a really remote area. This place has turned out nice, I thought. I could see the back of the house, its walls in a Mediterranean cream color standing out from behind the trees.

I called up my wife on the cellphone and told her the place is now very nice, and we can live here now. She said it's up to me.

I walked back to take some pictures of the house with my cellphone but I couldn't see it from behind the trees.

Then I woke up.

Comments