The Lure of the Unfamiliar

It was alien to me, a world I wasn't born in. But I wasn't scared, on the contrary I was intrigued by it.

When I was offered a glimpse of it I chased it. I was hypnotized by this new vista, and I adored this window to this new world. I thought it was better than anything I had or was.

But then I learned more about this world and entered it myself, by my own discovery and effort this world welcomed me. And I became a part of it. It was no longer unfamiliar, it was no longer mysterious.

It is indeed a better world, but it just makes you more of what you already are. Because of this I realized that the window that offered me the first glimpse to this world is not the only window, nor the best one. And I'm glad I entered this world through a different door. Still I am thankful for being given that view, and the fortune of having been offered another door to this unfamiliar world.

Comments