Ping G5

Took the plunge and got me a set of Ping G5 irons.

After trying them out on the driving range, I realized these are the clubs for me. Not only are they forgiving, the weight balance seems to suit my swing speed -- I can feel where the head is. It also gives quite good feedback, that it tells me when I'm swinging it right. It is literally a game improvement club.

 photo PingG5s_zpsqk2oieet.jpg

Not that the Callaway x-14's are slouches, just that they are probably for better players. I saw one guy hit this club really straight and long, then hooked badly when using the Ping.

Tried the Ping in the fairway today. Initially I was swinging them like I used to do the Callaways with not so good results. But when I swung them like I did at the range, ie, easy and smooth, my iron game fell into place. A good iron game just gave me confidence, I started putting great. Almost broke 100 today if not for a really bad driving off the tee.

Next might be a replacement for the Callaway X-460 driver, then soon more celebration, I hope...

Comments