Swing Thoughts

The key swing thoughts that made a difference for me lately
1. Revisiting my grip. I realized I was gripping too loosely! Making sure there is pressure between thumbs and forefingers and right lifeline over left thumb as well as right pinkie on left hand -- now I feel my hands are more unitized.
2. Reverse K set-up. Simplifying the backswing to make sure it is on plane starting from the first 2 inches. Clubhead pointing up with shaft at waist high. Bring the club back to the same slot at the top.
3. Consciously following an inside out path on the downswing. This resulted in some drawn balls and even hooks but much better than slices.
4. Bumping the left hip on the downswing actually helps keep the spine angle constant throughout the downswing and follow through. It also helps keep the left leg solid. Turning the right hip to the target is key for the body to control the club. The whole left side (leg, club, arm) stacked during impact.

Comments