Golf Obsession and Blogging

Reading through this blog, filled with golf thoughts recently, one gets the impression that I am a golf obsessed fanatic.

Yes, golf does that to people. I have to admit it occupies my mind too. But it's after a long day of work, or when I have to detoxify and destress. Golf can do that too.

Is a blog a representative of a person's day, like a diary? Is it a chronicle of thoughts including new economic theories and solutions to world hunger? To some people it may be.

But it can also be a release, an opportunity to forget one's greater problems and worries and lose oneself in things that, well, allow one to lose himself in them.

Yes, I may write down my management insights from work, but I already do that all day. I would rather write down a haiku, or a short story -- or my ruminations on golf and my golf swing.

This blog is for me. Heck, I don't know if anyone is even reading this. But I'm writing it, and it's what matters to me now.

Who knows, I will write the first chapter of my new "management of technology" book somewhere down the road, or share my Nobel Prize winning biotech solution to skin cancer in this blog. But without writing about golf, I may not even get there.

Comments