Camera Sensor Cleaner



I've been using a Canon EOS 10D for the last five years. It's a dinosaur by tech standards but still takes good pictures as the day I got them. The build quality is top notch.
Aside from megapixel count, it does lack some of the features of the newer models, including the image sensor "cleaning".
But there is a way, and the one I found seems to work well.

Here are the basic starting materials. They are a wooden spatula (given out with some ice cream cups) and an anti-static wipe such as Dust Off (Pledge Wipes also work).




















Cut the wide end of the wooden spatula with a knife to have a straight beveled edge.
Cut a 3 inch square piece of the wipe.
Wrap the wipe around the spatula end.




















Wipe the sensor gently but with single strokes.


Disclaimer: It works for me, but your mileage may vary. I am not responsible for any damage caused to your equipment from using my method.

Comments