Synergy = VPI Scout + DV20xL + Jolida JD9A + LSA Standard Amp + Dynaudio Contour 1.3 mkII



























Tubes used:
Sovtek 12ax7LPS on the JD9
Tesla e88cc on the LSA amp

Settings on the Jolida
Impedance 300 ohms
Capacitance zero (all off)
Gain dip switch #1
Hi output

I will not describe how this system sounds because that would be pointless. Whatever audiophile words are used, they will be subject to the personal interpretation and experience of the reader.

I will say instead that it brings childhood memories of the old record player filling an old house with happiness in bubbles of liquid notes floating in the air; that a song of lost love tugs at the memories in my heart; that a dance tune tickles my soles like those late night outs of youth; that it makes me appreciate the genius of a piano player's touch that can both be strong and gentle on the keyboard; that the vibrations of brass from saxophones recorded half a century ago make the hairs on my skin quiver; that the singer whispering late at night wets my neck with her moist lips.

Synergy happens when the system opens a window to the music. 

Comments